JohnnyirishXM

Daily Stock Threads Jan 2014

89 posts in this topic

Listening to johnny on radio show and he is NOT correct on the way insulin works that he says will eliminate pokin fingers ! IT will not eliminate that at all ! You will still have to check blood sugars ! NO way to get around it ! And NO it is NOT better for type 1s Type twos yes! It works too fast for type 1! Johnny you need to understand that type 1 is insulin dependent and it has NOTHING to do with  nueropothy! Type twos get nueropothy because they still make insulin it just doesn't function as well ! Type 1 does NOT make any insulin at all and they don't become type 1 over time ! Type twos are generally type two that just get worse but i don't think they will ever be totally type 1 because there pancreas still produces insulin just more congestion over time!

Yes Sos,slipped out,didn't mean needles would disappear for type 1's,meant less needles as the study for the Artificial pancreas used in conjunction with the Dreamboat inhaler has shown...no needles was more preventing type 2's from ever needing one..

For those commenting on proposed Chater TW merger offer,it needs bearing out that charter has 104 mil float and TW 294 mil float...Liberty bought a 27% stake in a forward contract at 95,now it's at 135...bad deal in 4 months for charter share holders?

TW has hinted for 3 years they want to sell off cable part,badly run by management,industry experts all agree on this..so if you say you want to sell off something you have already devalued it imo..when firtst offer was made by charter,TW was at 75...so great premium so far for TW shareholders...remember,ythis is a merger propoasl,not a buyout ..to work,all TW share holders would have to do about 2 1/2 to share reduce to make it work,leaving combined co with about 204 mil float and less cash to take on debt to work for both share holders...Cable part of bussiness is becoming an exp net even bussiness,real Profit is in ISP  cash and on d demand video and other products like net streaming... 

Also standard media ev is on 6-8 times EBITDA for take overs and mergers,,comcast paid a low 6 times EBITDA for NBC/UNIVERSAL..

Be careful who you listen to on this,,how can you say cable is worse bussiness,wouldn't want that junk in my holdings at LMCA,then next sentence say scumbag low ball offer,,,these 2 are oxmoronic statements..which is it...Charter at 95 and tw at 75,before Liberty made their moves,,now charter at 133 and tw at 135...gee,if i'm stockholders of these co.give me all the scum bag low ball offers in the world...anyone see the sense yet..

sxm,at 1.83 dec 2011 when malone entered into forward contract,scum bag low ball offer..when took control got to 4.18...facts....

Good morning everyone and welcome to the another daily thread..any questions ask away or just talk about markets in general or a stock..

Hey Johnny,

Do we have any more mnkd type stocks out there that we can talk about.  I have had only siri for many years.  Now I have both siri and mnkd and it is great being a little diversified - more fun factor

Thanks for all the great info. 

ty Max,appreciated...look at GILD for a nice play for a year or 2...looking for 30-40 % return on hepc approval one got other coming cure for it..

mnkd types are like sxm was,one in a lifetime,rest is gambling in pharma..but always looking,we followed mnkd for 3 years before investing in it..

Be careful who you listen to on this,,how can you say cable is worse bussiness,wouldn't want that junk in my holdings at LMCA,then next sentence say scumbag low ball offer,,,these 2 are oxmoronic statements..which is it...Charter at 95 and tw at 75,before Liberty made their moves,,now charter at 133 and tw at 135...gee,if i'm stockholders of these co.give me all the scum bag low ball offers in the world...anyone see the sense yet..

I'll play along irish...TWC has lost about 20% of their subs over last 2 years, they suck as a company, and a takeover bid had to come out for their stock to gain ANY significant movement, now, why the hell should a SIRI shareholder accept a deal tharts going to drain cash out of SIRI to buy a company that overall has MANY issues from poor video signal to lagging audio signal, to horrible customer service.If they want to take someones SIRI shares to do this, they SHOULD have to pay a premium for it. Why should SIRIUS shareholders give a @#$% that TW shareholders are making out in the situation right now...you make no sense, I think you like to read your own posts...

TWC has over 2 bil in fcf...facts..all cable is losing video customers,but gaining Broadband customers,margin is trememnedous on broadband,,why cable is consolidating,read a filing will ya,twc is not a joke co.just not investd in as capex ,cable co.bad management..

Cable co. are looking to be very scary right now to consumer entry into broadband,,they are going after the herion for the addicts here in owning the isp highway..so if your paying cable for isp,you won't leave video part either,,even apple understands that wireless through phone co. is limited for their products,they need broadband too..net weutral will be challenged,,co.s like netflix and streamers will be at the whim of isp providers(cable) for pricing controls,,liberty global just bought rest of dutch cable co,now owns 90% of dutch market in cable,,all for the broadband..imo..

Get ready for the tax deal of the century coming this year in corp cash being brought back from overseas,with EM hurting and china getting ready to burst..imo

Congress will pass some kind of bill on corp money overseas imo..

i agree a deal is coming to get the $ repatriated back home. probably at a nice big tax % discount, say 20-25%. billions of $ overseas not being taxed in the US right now, govt needs the revenue so a deal will be struck this year or in the next year or two. seems like a no-brainer.

Get ready for the tax deal of the century coming this year in corp cash being brought back from overseas,with EM hurting and china getting ready to burst..imo

Congress will pass some kind of bill on corp money overseas imo..

apple getting hammerred in AH after miss on sales of i-phone and mac and lower guidance..down 5%.as i type..they bear rev and EPS tho.

How does everyone feel about Apple after the drop?   

I like it over 500, then not till 477, then like 450 is decent...

This is just the beginning imo...rel and I are at opposite viewpoints on Apple. Their margins are great, but I believe there will be more erosion of their iphone and iPad business.

The proposed acquisition of Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) by Charter Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR) just might have benefits for Comcast Corp. (NASDAQ: CMCSA). Charter reportedly has agreed in principle to sell Time Warner Cable systems in New York City, North Carolina and New England to Comcast if its acquisition of Time Warner Cable succeeds.

The proposal could allow Charter the chance to bolster its $132.50 per share offer for Time Warner Cable and reduce concerns that the acquisition would leave Charter with too much debt. It also could make the deal more palatable to Time Warner Cable management, which had called the $16 billion bid “grossly inadequate” and said it would not consider any offer that valued the company at less than $160 a share. But some of its largest shareholders are urging the company to engage with Charter.

Anyone else scratching their head after reading this?

thought we'd be having the battle of the 4 dollar stocks, not the 3.5 dollar...AMD ZNGA SIRI. I think amd seriously needs all new C level except Lisa. which stock will be first to break 4 and stay there? or maybe we should be talking 3.. sheesh

Good morning and welcome to bloody friday..futures all down 1-1 1/2 % across the board.....on the correction stepladder..2 down days one up day..

All stocks will get slaughtered today 1%..no big deal,it's healthy,but gives the cable hawkers something to scare you about...lol

Good morning and welcome to bloody friday..futures all down 1-1 1/2 % across the board.....on the correction stepladder..2 down days one up day..

All stocks will get slaughtered today 1%..no big deal,it's healthy,but gives the cable hawkers something to scare you about...lol

Hey Irish, is that when your G/F or wife wakes up with her period....Bloody Friday...lol...Just sounded gross sorry...Had to go there....I don't want anything to do with a "bloody Friday"....lol

Well boys i think you might be pleased with my doctor visit for junior , i asked him about his knowledge of afreeza and while he said he was not up on it he did go to explaining why it would not work before! I also got a lesson on something that he was supportive of and that was an explanation of why it would be an advantage to the type one diabetics for a faster action , this confused me before because with the insulin we use now lasts 4 hours but is not as quick as afreeza, That being said i was encouraged by what he explained because if it worked faster ya might not have to do the snack at two hours like my boy has to ! If you do the afreeza it works and goes away fast enough that prolonged down turn of blood sugars would not necessarily  happen , but the other problem might be like i alluded to before  was didn't last long enough. he also said it would NEVER be prescribed for children because they do not have a close enough tolerance of dosage that the needles provide! However the older you are plus or minus 2 units would not be as big of a deal which makes it great for type twos and he definitely would recommend for older type ones or type twos , I was thinking they should be able to perfect it over time for type one children but they are not there yet,He was not a fan of the delivery method before with the big inhaler , and said the company tried to get them to use it but they would not sign on! I told him the inhaler was smaller now and that the powder did not clump up any more in the lungs ! He said he wasn't as worried about the older adults and lungs but would be in younger children! he said there just wasn't enough data to support long term on the children!

Well boys i think you might be pleased with my doctor visit for junior , i asked him about his knowledge of afreeza and while he said he was not up on it he did go to explaining why it would not work before! I also got a lesson on something that he was supportive of and that was an explanation of why it would be an advantage to the type one diabetics for a faster action , this confused me before because with the insulin we use now lasts 4 hours but is not as quick as afreeza, That being said i was encouraged by what he explained because if it worked faster ya might not have to do the snack at two hours like my boy has to ! If you do the afreeza it works and goes away fast enough that prolonged down turn of blood sugars would not necessarily  happen , but the other problem might be like i alluded to before  was didn't last long enough. he also said it would NEVER be prescribed for children because they do not have a close enough tolerance of dosage that the needles provide! However the older you are plus or minus 2 units would not be as big of a deal which makes it great for type twos and he definitely would recommend for older type ones or type twos , I was thinking they should be able to perfect it over time for type one children but they are not there yet,

Thanks SOS, great information....

I also  told him about the clinical trials that were not all that significantly different from the regular insulin we use now but that it was as effective maybe a little more so but not by much ! And he agreed that that wouldn't be the reason not to use affreza and that it is just as effective as the other insulins !