JohnnyirishXM

Daily Stock Threads Feb-March 2014

150 posts in this topic

Why not...7.5 billion market cap and Spotify is on the upswing, listener hours down, said wont announce them monthly anymore, directors just unloaded...Probably take off GG...LOL...Makes TOO MUCH SENSE!!!

best quote I saw today... paraphrasing... fewer subscribers means lower costs too, so should have a flood of upgrades now.  lol

OMG..........someone actually posted fewer listeners is better for a radio/media play.......to quote Red Foreman "What a dumbass!"

yes, but in Pandora's case it's true isn't it?  i think the guy understood that when he posted it and was being cynical or sarcastic or whatever you want to call it

Is it finally time to short Pandora? I think it may be

Call into Cramer's show and ask, and if he says to hold it and go long then you know it's time to short it for sure. lol  Look at what SIRI has done since he said to buy into it at 3.90, gone down slowly now almost 40 cents.  He said SIRI was a used lottery ticket all the way from .10 to 4 bucks, sell sell sell!!!  And now it's buy buy buy and hold it? Oook then Cramer, you da man!  NOT!

yes, but in Pandora's case it's true isn't it?  i think the guy understood that when he posted it and was being cynical or sarcastic or whatever you want to call it

Simply put Gazoo...that's called a failing business model!

It never fails i should have waited till the bastards are done trying to take it down i knew when i bought it was too high hahahahahhahahahahhahahaha

PHOT...Way over priced and loaded with debt, and management appears corrupt...Pay 90% of revenue to admin...Margins are less than 20% over costs too...Not great...

Id buy it around .10 to .15 cents... About whats its worth...Actually worthless, but as a spec play...I don't see how they ever make money...Went over their balance sheet 2 days ago..>Literal mess...

Any Cannabis stocks yet ??

yes,buy the muni bonds of the states where it's legal,loads of tax dollars coming in,better safe play...imo  not kidding..

Any Cannabis stocks yet ??

I been looking at GLCO....looked at PHOT and didn't like it just as rel said.

Just so you understand...not a pure Marijuana play, but one of their companies is Hemp Life Today....they make products for Marijuana users and intend to eventually become growers as well. Don;t have a good grasp of company yet, but digging in on it.

Thank you all for your input and I will do some DD myself. This all just choosing the correct stock and/or bonds. Like Alcohol this will(I hope) be big.

yes,buy the muni bonds of the states where it's legal,loads of tax dollars coming in,better safe play...imo  not kidding..

That is the safest play you can make in the Marijuana space......if you can afford it......the OTC stocks are VERY risky.......more lost money there than anywhere else in the market...so if you are going that route.....be very cautious with what and how much....and you need to stasy on top of it regularly because these companies come and go daily. The good thing about GLCO is its been around since 2000...so chances are its just a legitimate company trying to grow.....they have some interesting ideas in the construction realm with one of their companies

Over a year ago, Jan. 2013, when I heard that CO and WA might go legal on cannabis, I threw a few hundred bucks into the usual suspects HEMP and medical marijuana MJNA.  So far they have done really well and I've made cash on both but I could care less if they go bust or not as I don't have much money in them anyway.  Was just a spur of the moment purchase.  Haven't been trading them, just holding them.  Maybe they will survive, maybe they won't.

Just saw an ad on CNN this morning for HepC detection,it said it is most undiagnosed decease and your should now go to your doctor and ask about new treatment options...

Ad was placed by GILD...the education is on...LOL

Gild hit 78 yesterday,but i think it will go down some more to maybe 68 low soon,as it's getting closer to FDA approval on new drugs for hepC..imo..

With EPS growth forecasted at 31% next five years,it can easily support P/E ratios in high 30's imo..current year eps is 2.02..trailing 12 months..

GLTA

Gilead Files for U.S. Approval of Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir Fixed-Dose Combination Tablet for Genotype 1 Hepatitis C

By Business Wire, February 10, 2014, 04:05:00 PM EDT

-- If Approved, Fixed-Dose Combination Would be First Oral Treatment Regimen for Patients with Genotype 1 HCV Infection, Eliminating Need for Both Interferon and Ribavirin --

FOSTER CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq:GILD) today announced that the company has submitted a New Drug Application (NDA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for a once-daily fixed-dose combination of the NS5A inhibitor ledipasvir (LDV) 90 mg and the nucleotide analog polymerase inhibitor sofosbuvir (SOF) 400 mg for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 infection in adults. The data submitted in the NDA support the use of LDV/SOF in patients with genotype 1 hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, with a treatment duration of eight or 12 weeks depending on prior treatment history and whether they have cirrhosis. Approximately 75 percent of people infected with HCV in the United States have the genotype 1 strain of the virus.

"Today's filing brings us one step closer to our goal of offering all patients with hepatitis C a simple, safe and highly effective all-oral treatment regimen," said Norbert Bischofberger, PhD, Executive Vice President of Research and Development and Chief Scientific Officer. "Based on the data from the Phase 3 ION studies, the LDV/SOF combination may have the potential to cure HCV in genotype 1 patients in as little as eight weeks and without the need for interferon injections or ribavirin."

The FDA has assigned LDV/SOF a Breakthrough Therapy designation, which is granted to investigational medicines that may offer major advances in treatment over existing options. The NDA for LDV/SOF is supported by three Phase 3 studies, ION-1, ION-2 and ION-3, in which nearly 2,000 genotype 1 HCV patients were randomized to receive the fixed-dose combination, with or without RBV, for treatment durations of eight, 12 or 24 weeks. Trial participants included patients who were treatment-naïve or who had failed previous treatment, including protease inhibitor-based regimens, and also included patients with compensated cirrhosis.

Gilead plans to file for regulatory approval of LDV/SOF in other geographies, including the European Union, in the first quarter of 2014. Gilead has submitted an application to the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for accelerated assessment of LDV/SOF, a designation that is granted to new therapies and medicines of major public health interest. If accepted, accelerated assessment could shorten the EMA's review time of LDV/SOF by two months, although it does not guarantee a positive opinion from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use or approval by the European Commission.

LDV/SOF is an investigational product and its safety and efficacy has not yet been established.

SOF as a single agent was approved by the FDA under the tradename Sovaldi® on December 6, 2013 and by the European Commission on January 17, 2014.

About Gilead Sciences

Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/gilead-files-for-us-approval-of-ledipasvirsofosbuvir-fixed-dose-combination-tablet-for-genotype-1-20140210-00888#ixzz2vMfnq2Hg

Hey rellie after listening to the radio show when johnny was gettin on ya about conspiracy theorys i felt you needed some attention so here ya go and just so ya know i like this guy 100%  , enjoy the video  http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rand-pauls-starkly-libertarian-cpac-speech-we-must-defend-the-rights-of-all/ 

Hey SOS, thanks man..but the video wont load for me...Check...

Just looked at a chart on Gild.  Looks like it had pretty good resistance at 75 on the way up before it finally broke it so, I'll start nibbling on Monday I think but if It gets down to 75 again I'm jumping the hell in and finish off my lot.  This thing hasn't even come close to hitting the 200 dma in the last 2 years so I'm not gonna wait for that.

Hey SOS, thanks man..but the video wont load for me...Check...

looks like it was deleted  ya cant find it at cpac website either the repubs are very afraid of ole rand but you look around and listen to what he said at cpac

Damnit, I read this article on the Fool 3 weeks ago http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/22/the-1-legal-way-you-could-get-rich-from-marijuana.aspx and was going to buy the stock but at the time was concentrating on MNKD so I forgot all about GWPH.  It's since gone up from the 60's to the 80's now, about 25% the pos lol.  Ah well, I got in this morning anyway at 81.11 on a gap up from yesterday's close.  Would like to see a pull back sometime and maybe increase my position but when/if that will happen who knows.  Anyway I'm in for now.  Go Sativex...

I know this is a stock thread so i dont intend to change that but thought id give you boys something to think about for march 15 its gonna be good . Johnny hendrix beat geoges st pierre but they gave the fight to g s p  Then G S P  gives up the title not to fight any more so robbie and johnny are fighting for the title now ! Im bringin this up cause robbie is a home town boy and just givin him a little respect even though i think hendrix wins this battle  

•  

MIXED MARTIAL ARTS
Bettendorf's Robbie Lawler gearing up for UFC title fight

52acc621c0659.preview-620.jpg

Lawler

March 06, 2014 5:30 pm  •  By Bobby Metcalf

Robbie Lawler said Thursday he's always believed he would be the best in the world. At UFC 171, the Bettendorf fighter will get his chance.

Lawler is preparing for his UFC welterweight title fight against top-ranked Johny Hendricks on March 15 in Dallas. The belt is up for grabs after Georges St. Pierre vacated the title in December.

The fight card features the future of the welterweight class as second-ranked Carlos Condit and 11th-ranked Tyron Woodley meet for a likely shot against the winner of the main event between Hendricks and the third-ranked Lawler.

Lawler expressed confidence at a conference call Thursday.

"I've always believed in myself," he said. "I've always believed that I was going to be the best in the world. I'm glad that in sport, and UFC and MMA you can write your own story."

The 31-year-old Lawler (22-9-0) has enjoyed a resurgence in his career since returning to the UFC in 2013, winning all three of his fights to earn a shot at the title.

"I expect greatness out of myself so I pushed myself," Lawler said. "I was willing to grind the 14 years I've been doing this and I'm not going to stop."

The man standing in his way is Hendricks (15-2-0), who lost the title fight to St. Pierre in November on a controversial split decision. Hendricks is not thinking about what could have been, instead focused on his second chance.

"I've got a very tough opponent in front of me," Hendricks said of Lawler. "If I don't focus on him, the same thing can happen. As soon as I got the fight with Robbie, everything disappeared. I've got another great opportunity and I don't want to waste it."

The fight is being met with anticipation as both fighters boast powerful punching ability, while Hendricks holds the edge with his wrestling ability.

"This is an exciting time," Lawler said. "I don't really show my excitement that much but I'm excited to fight. This is a big opportunity ... March 15 I'll be the strongest fighter I've ever been."

Hendricks has taken notice and expects the fight to be more challenging than the one he lost in November.

"Robbie, if you make a mistake, we've seen it time and time again, he can knock you out," Hendricks said. "That's a lot more dangerous fight. A guy who can knock people out, you're one punch away from losing."

Copyright 2014 The Quad-City Times. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Tags

In its IPO prospectus, High Frequency Trading firm Virtu reveals it had one losing trading day in 1,238 days of trading.

Just one.

HFT has become increasingly controversial in recent years, and this new IPO shines light on an otherwise secretive (and computerized) industry. Virtu is what's called a market maker. It doesn't hold onto securities for very long, but instead derives profit from bid/ask spreads. High frequency trading is called "high frequency" for exactly that reason. This is all happening in a matter of milliseconds. Virtu and other HFT firms basically argue they are providing a public service by ensuring liquidity in the market "by consistently buying securities from sellers and selling securities to buyers," according to the prospectus.

When you have only 1 day of trading losses in over a twelve hundred....you are cheating the system hands down....this accepted behavior is exactly what has been and will be wrong with the markets until someone with a clue is in charge.

http://www.businessinsider.com/virtu-hft-only-one-losing-day-2014-3