Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyirishXM

Daily Stock Thread For May 2014

28 posts in this topic

AT&T in talks with Direct TV on buyout,40 bil..to see if it goes through on TWC comcast deal heels..interesting..

SXM offers 750 mil bond offering for buybacks...lets see how much they get and what interest rate,if like last ones at 5.25%...

Gild is running up good after blow out 1Q cc eps report of 1.48...

Mnkd is holding up in mid 6.00 range after delay announcement to July 15th..

Damn right!  This thing was trading near 6 bucks BEFORE the ad com even got here.  Now after a blow out ad comm approval, it hasn't closed below 6 dollars, which makes sense to me.  Why people haven't bought it yet and are waiting for something I have no idea.  They better buy it before the train leaves the station! It ain't closing below 5.75, and if it does I'll wear asm's ass clown avatar until July 15th! 8-)

Damn right!  This thing was trading near 6 bucks BEFORE the ad com even got here.  Now after a blow out ad comm approval, it hasn't closed below 6 dollars, which makes sense to me.  Why people haven't bought it yet and are waiting for something I have no idea.  They better buy it before the train leaves the station! It ain't closing below 5.75, and if it does I'll wear asm's ass clown avatar until July 15th! 8-)

Ive been trading it while alway maintaining a position. Passing the time..  watching and will be ready to go from 50% to 100% pre-adcom shares....

Anyone touching Twitter while there is blood in the water?

After the ipo I was waiting for $30 before I buying. Guess it's time to revisit that thought. Not sure yet. I'll watch it for a few days.

I think we see under 5 before approval...

I think we see under 5 before approval...

Ah hell, I'll get the ass clown avatar ready then Rel! *gulp* :?

Need a reason tho Rellie.  It didn't close below 5 all this year, until 2 days before the ad comm when the fake scares were written.  After an almost unanimous ad comm, what kind of fake scare they gonna write now to get it back below 5?  Unless MNKD comes out with some goofy news at 5pm on Monday to get the shorts back on track, I just can't see it going below 5 on chart gap reasons alone.  Take it down to 4 then, if they want a gap fill!  No reason to go there either.  But if somehow it does, I'll be loading up like a madman just like I did last time!  8-)

The recent rise of the mains to new record highs has me a little worried that we are being set up for another "sell in May" event. First the media will call it healthy "profit taking". After that they will highlight any irrelevant negative news (and just touch on anything positive) to cover up what I always viewed as coordinated manipulation.

Thoughts anyone?

I don't disagree with you in the General sense, and think the overall market will be doing exactly that.

I think the market grinds higher. having said that, I am cashing out everything profitable. easy to find stocks down 20% in an instant, but they always seem to find something else to bid up. in either case unjustified. Just seems to be where they can fleece the most. May look at a nice index fund, any suggestions?

The Dow is just now passing where it closed at last year.  Took 4 and 1/2 months to finally do it.  May sell offs seem to happen close to the first of the month if I remember right.  Here we are 2 weeks in and no sell off yet, but instead gained some for the month.  Still 2 weeks to go though.

The recent rise of the mains to new record highs has me a little worried that we are being set up for another "sell in May" event. First the media will call it healthy "profit taking". After that they will highlight any irrelevant negative news (and just touch on anything positive) to cover up what I always viewed as coordinated manipulation.

Thoughts anyone?

Hey GG56,if want to sell index funds in amercia to protect against any correction,imo the total int'l europe stock funds are prime candidate now after getting hammered like 25-30% last 18months,i think it's a good play to upside with little downside left..jmo..

add WWE to the list of stocks getting absolutely crushed. down 43%. yesterday saw NQ and VOXX get killed, both of which I have been in and out of for profit this year. consider myself lucky. was considering WWE at 15 and watched it go to 40. good to be bearish. not buying anything. goes to show they will run up any junk, get you to buy the dip then kill you for it.

only thing that keeps me in sirius is it hasn't had a good run this past year. May have to roll out my June options though or maybe take delivery.

EDIT: WWE runup was to 30 not 40

AT&T in talks with Direct TV on buyout,40 bil..to see if it goes through on TWC comcast deal heels..interesting..

SXM offers 750 mil bond offering for buybacks...lets see how much they get and what interest rate,if like last ones at 5.25%...

Gild is running up good after blow out 1Q cc eps report of 1.48...

Looks like its haappenin  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/18/att-directv_n_5348466.html

Any thoughts on playing the consumer broadband consolidation going on lately?  DTV sitting at 86 with target of 95 (however that price is part stock and cash).

VZ

DISH

TMOB/S  - will that happen?

who else is left

VZ has telematics under its umbrella these days... hmm.. SIRI?     

Lovin' the "Stay in May and trade away" action this month!  Whoever sold out of everything for the usual May sell off...

baby-mr-t-costume-02.jpg

It looks like the Michael Lewis book is having an effect. The SEC is looking at rule changes aimed at high frequency traders and dark pools.

It looks like the Michael Lewis book is having an effect. The SEC is looking at rule changes aimed at high frequency traders and dark pools.

Not really,mary jo white,just said she wants to set up a committee to look at what the other committee said on proposals,they will get back to her in 2-3 years,to give opinion on whether the proposals should be submitted for next committee to take up in 2017...got all that,cya in next millenium...LOL

Not really,mary jo white,just said she wants to set up a committee to look at what the other committee said on proposals,they will get back to her in 2-3 years,to give opinion on whether the proposals should be submitted for next committee to take up in 2017...got all that,cya in next millenium...LOL

I just can't stop laughing !  --- thx Irish

Just in time for the next crash...LOL...

I don't have it in me this week...Next week for sure...Right before the ADA and JPM conference...