Rick

KOAT Due for an Upgrade

6 posts in this topic

All,

This weekend and for the next week, we will be upgrading the website.  This will be a substantial upgrade behind the scenes and out in the open where you see it.

Things being addressed:

1. New Payment Transaction Gateway

2. New Mobile device compatibility

3. New overall themes for every part of the website

4. Greater speed

5. Improved forum functionality

6. Security Improvements

That is just the wavetop list.  There is a good bit more on the technical side.

Please be advised it will be a few days until all the glitches are worked out,

Thanks,

Rick

Before we do the upgrade to kingofalltrades.com over the next few days I want to throw a few notes out:

Under the new system, "friends" changes to "followers"

Also our old system of having both a Username and Display Name will vanish.  I have directed the installation team to save every Member's account under their display name to protect your anonymity/privacy.  We all know each other by the display names now and for most of us the user/display names are the same anyway.

During the transition, you will note we will be dropping things back into place as we hit milestones during the restoration.  Restoring essential services will be first.  

Also I have requested that we hold all work back until after market hours so any of you that need access have it during that time.

Thanks - more notes to follow,

Rick

ALL - 

TOMORROW 7PM EST KINGOFALLTRADES.COM BEGINS UPDATING.  PLEASE BE ADVISED THE SITE WILL GO OFFLINE UNTIL COMPLETE.

Rick

REMINDER: TONIGHT THE UPDATES BEGIN ON THE WEBSITE - 7PM EST.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

RICK

The upgrade seems to be moving along and we hope you are all as excited to see what lays in store for the future of King of All Trades

Financial Media that is current and reliable.....

UPDATE:

Most of the major work is now complete for the upgrade.  This is officially called kingofalltrades version 10.  Think of it like Windows 10.  Everything else was barely functional and this is like cruising on a yacht.

There are now new membership tiers.  New Members, Members, Senior Members, Moderators, Publisher, Gold Level, Administrator.  Once a majority of you log in and post you will automatically shift to Senior Member if you aren't already gold.  The privileges/permissions for each level were very well calculated to ensure fairness.

There is now an album creation capability here.  Built that in for Rel and the the rest of you charters.  You can now upload charts and link to here if you want.

Reputations: You can now - depending on your level - give positive or negative ratings for other members.  I call it the check and balance function.  

Moderators have more privileges, Gold Members absolutely have more privileges and you will see that as you test your accounts.

There are now more ways to log in to this website than we have ever had.  Google +, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and a few more.  Worse comes to worse and you lose your passwords use that as your way to let an administrator know you need a password reset.  Better yet use the support desk.

Articles now have RSS feeds again.  So do blogs.  Members get various privileges for the blog area based on membership level.

Up above you should see the last four articles magically dance across the header.  That is so you have a quick way to go read them.  

Those articles also show up in the footer (bottom of the website) as text links.

Graphics work done.  Profile work done.  

There has been discussion tonight about a few surprises for you soon.  I will give you a hint - it's very significant work to help you trade.

Rick

Edit: I forgot to mention video uploads and a calendar.

Goodnight.