Relmor

SYN 2017

21 posts in this topic

Looking for close over 90 cents...New high since tanked on dilution news...

gap is $0.54 to $0.62 back in late November 2011.  That's the next one up, if it ever fills....

actually we still have short term gaps at $0.76 to $0.79 from earlier this week plus the one i posted above.

Above chart has the daily gaps. Gaps all over the place, above and below! Gaps often drive me wild, because its hard to say if they will fill! Worth watching though, I guess they have a magnetic effect they either push away or pull in price, and time is a factor. I keep thinking were going to go down to the one in the high .50's, but I'm probably wrong. 2017 has been starting green so far! We need it, dang! 

Breakout Gaps, Exhaustion Gaps, Runaway Gaps

Apparently good to watch for a Volume increase. ( i was trying to post pics but looks like I'm out of memory or something.) 

Any insight on gap trading? From experience 

Looking at SYN the gap that recently filled from .88 to .99 could be an exhaustion gap?

It's starting to look more like that run to 1.03 created an exhaustion gap. I thought more volume would be necessary, but apparently that large volume from that day was enough. I always think it's interesting how the price gets adjusted like that overnight. Some market maker types must be entering in several (buy to cover) orders early in the morning to create demand for a gap like that, because of the news released in those early morning minutes. Most desk traders must be familiar with things like that!? Well, it is what it is, just got to do the best around it all. I am just guessing about how some of these things work. Certainly man made. Kind of like guessing the illuminati, you don't know what they're doing but they're doing something! 

SYN exhaustion.png

Do pre-market, and after-market prices affect a chart? Or should one stick to the actual day. I've tried to learn about it, but haven't found any good info.   

Raspy, PM and AH trading doesn't count in charting.  I don't have any backup on that but that's what I've learned from various reputable sources.  

Thanks Steiny, I seen a video on youtube about a day trader who looks at it in the morning and uses it to gauge the days moves. As it can trade opposite of that direction. But its hard to say, and nothing definitive like you suggested. I certainly don't have enough experience to say.  Just going to have to watch sometimes and look for stuff. It might help the shorter term somehow.  

SYN was at 1.20 pre-market briefly that recent high, would of been nice to sell to that!  I got to keep learning about actually being able to trade then, might help in swing trades if they're done right. 

Example of Exhaustion gap. So far looks like SYN went down. But next trading day is a new trading day, so we'll see what happens. 

exha gap.jpg

19 hours ago, theRASPYone said:

Thanks Steiny, I seen a video on youtube about a day trader who looks at it in the morning and uses it to gauge the days moves. As it can trade opposite of that direction. But its hard to say, and nothing definitive like you suggested. I certainly don't have enough experience to say.  Just going to have to watch sometimes and look for stuff. It might help the shorter term somehow.  

SYN was at 1.20 pre-market briefly that recent high, would of been nice to sell to that!  I got to keep learning about actually being able to trade then, might help in swing trades if they're done right. 

been following syn awhile now and have seen multiple times news was announced in pm amd new highs hit and stock never reaches them during trading hours but eventually it gets there, could take days/weeks.

on my chart i have a downsloping trendline from 4.32.  on the day of the news 1.20 +/- was the trendline top.  i still have fibs pointing to .64 area, but may never get there.  im personally waiting for that to buy or if we close over .90 i may buy also.  the .70s/.80 seem to offer support like the 1.60s/1.70 did a few months back.   only difference is news came out so hopefully we can start moving up soon.  this stock is very unpredictable and usually has a big downspike in one day to end all the madness.  

just hoping im wrong and we take off soon....

On 1/16/2017 at 5:40 PM, Steiny said:

on my chart i have a downsloping trendline from 4.32.  on the day of the news 1.20 +/- was the trendline top. 

Cool, I'll have to look at that trend line again. Yeah, you got a good approach there. The day that news was released from SYN the price went up After Hours to .93! ( I recollect being excited and thinking this emotion can't be good!) But looks like Market Makers swooped in to crush it?! Went back down .83 

We had some green for today. My guess is we're trailing now to that tiny gap at .78, if I could short SYN I would till that .78, but none of the brokers I use allow for it. It could be risky. I got to step it up to better broker, but I need to improve my trading! Working on it! I also got to learn more about after hour trading, which apparently Robinhood can do.  

After Hours SYN_.jpg

Robinhood has this new earnings feature, which is only on a few tickers, SYN being one of them, must be a hot stock! Golly! We retailers love ones like this I suppose! We got earnings coming up. Any guesses before and after. This beginning of the year hasn't had its usual green power, maybe it will kick in after earnings. Random guess, but we may have some more red, and then possibly some green after earnings. I'd rather just see green please! 

SYN Earnings _.jpg